Device Pickup Locations, Hours, & Contact
There is a limited selection of laptops and iPads available. You may also request a hotspot to pair with the computer for internet access. To reserve a device, call one of the following library locations. Devices must be picked up and returned during Express Pickup hours.
Please note that due to overwhelming demand and extended borrowing periods, you may have to add your name to a Contact List. Staff will reach out to you once a device becomes available. Contact/notification from staff (call or email) about availability does not equal a reservation. You must complete the full checkout process listed below.
Tuesday – Saturday
2:00 – 6:00 PM
Devices come with Digital Literacy curriculum.
Check Out Process
- Call one of the participating library locations to request a device.
- If a device is available for checkout, library staff will set up an appointment for you to pick it up.
- Appointment will include answering questions from our intake form.
- Have your library card number ready for staff to help you book your appointment.
- All appointments must follow safety guidelines listed below.
- The checkout period is 90 days with one auto renewal of 30 days.
When it’s Time for Your Appointment
- Let staff know you’ve arrived by calling or texting the phone number listed on the Express Pickup poster displayed outside the library.
- Walk up to the “Hotspot/Device Checkout” table and a staff member will meet you there.
- For safety purposes, staff will sit on the opposite side of a plexiglass guard.
- The staff member will walk you through the checkout process, including going over:
- The length of the checkout period
- An overview of the device, charger, and cords included
- Reading and signing a device policy and user agreement
Returning Your Device
Devices must be returned to an SJPL staff member at the original location where it was checked out from. Do not return the device at a book drop. Returns must be done during Express Pickup hours: Tuesday-Saturday, 2-6 PM.
Safety Guidelines and More to Know
- Face coverings are required for anyone (ages 6+) waiting in line to pick up items.
- Customers and staff are required to practice social distancing, maintaining a 6-foot distance.
- Please do not leave any items on the Express Pickup table.
- To ensure your safety, all returned items are quarantined for 4 days.
- Please do not use disinfecting wipes on items.
- We are currently not accepting book donations.
- Library items (except for the devices) can be returned to a drop box, 24/7.
- Need special assistance or have a special request? Please notify staff prior to your pickup appointment.
Questions or issues with your device?
Call the branch where you picked up the device kit.