An eLibrary Card gets you 24/7 instant access to our online resources. This is a digital library card, so you won't get a physical card.
- It's free to apply and access library services.
- Available to all California residents
- This card is valid during our temporary closure due to the pandemic.
Free Full Access Library Card
- Receive 24/7 instant access to the Library's online resources.
- Borrow books, movies, music, audiobooks, and more.
- Borrow SJ Access mobile Wi-Fi hotspots, laptops, and other tech devices.
- Use the Library's computers and printers.
- San Jose residents (ages 18+) can apply to earn a high school diploma online for free.
- Available to all California residents.
- This card is valid for 4 years.
Limited Status Library Cards
- Can't show proof of your current address? You can get a Limited Status Card.
- This card allows you to borrow 1 physical item at a time. You can also use online learning and streaming services, collections, and more.
- To get this card, follow the Full Access Card instructions:
- Then, talk with a staff member when you arrive to pick up your card.
Replacement Library Cards
Replacement cards are available at reopened locations. Do you need to access your lost/stolen card but can't go to one of these locations? Connect with a staff member to get your library card number and reset your PIN (personal identification number).