Computers, Printing, & Copying
Library members can use a computer at the library in the following ways:
- Go to an available computer and book it.
- Reserve a computer online.
- Get help from our staff.
Reserve a Computer
For assistance with your computer reservation or to request a special accommodation call 408-808-2000.
All Locations, Except Mt. Pleasant
Only Mt. Pleasant
Know Before You Go
- Each computer session can be up to 60 minutes. You might be able to get your session extended if no one is waiting.
- Please read the following from the library before using library computers:
- One person per computer.
- Review our Safety Guidelines.
More about Computers
- Library computers offer free Internet access, Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software.
- You may reserve a computer up to 4 business days in advance.
- If you have an eLibrary card, you will need to convert your eLibrary card to a physical card before reserving a computer.
- Black & white printing cost: 15¢ per page
- Color printing cost: 45¢ per page.
- Accepted payment:
- Cash: $1, $2, and $5 bills and nickels, dimes, and quarters, $20 max per job
- Credit/Debit: Visa and Mastercard, $10 max per job
- Mobile: Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, $10 max per job
What to Know About Print Payments
- Temporary Hold Charge: A temporary hold charge of $10 will be applied to each print and copy transaction.
- Credits: A credit will be issued to the charged account, depending on the number of pages printed.
- Max Payments: The maximum credit card payment per transaction is $10. If your print job costs more $10, you will have to make another separate credit card payment.
- Combining Payments: Cash and credit card payments cannot be combined into one transaction. They have to be separate.
- Merchant Name: Charges on your credit card statement will show "Nayax" as the merchant name.
Mobile Printing Available at Branches and SJPL Works
You can send your print job to any branch location and also at SJPL Works, located on the third floor of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library. Not currently available at our bridge branch location.
Use one of the following methods on your laptop, tablet, smartphone, or desktop, from home or on your way to a branch:
- Black & white printing cost: 15¢ per page.
- Color printing cost: 46¢ per page.
- Accepted payment: Gold Points and credit cards.
- Assistance: Ask at any King Library service desk for information or help.
- Sending Print Jobs: In addition to using mobile printing at SJPL Works, print jobs can be sent from a variety of sources including Cloud storage, email, USB devices, and mobile devices.
More details about wireless printing at King...
Copying, Scanning, & Shredding
You can make photocopies at any library location:
- Cost at branch and bridge branch locations: 15¢ per black & white copy; 45¢ per color copy.
- Cost at King Library: 15¢ per black & white copy; 46¢ per color copy.
Scanners are not available at branch locations at this time. For information about scanners at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library, please see SJSU Library's Print, Copy, Scan page.