Jobs at the Library
How to Apply
To apply for San José Public Library jobs, please visit the City of San José’s employment page at www.sanjoseca.gov/cityjobs and click on the "Open-Competitive Recruitments" link.
We will be accepting applications for the following job:
Analyst I/II - Library Department, Business Unit
Analyst I Salary Range: $61,422.40 - $74,692.80
Analyst II Salary Range: $67,017.60 - $81,473.60
Job ID: 4956
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Open Date: 04/18/2016
Close Date: 05/02/2016
Apply: Open-Competitive Recruitments
Position and Duties
The City of San José invites applicants for the position of Analyst I/II in the San José Public Library's Administration Division. This position involves a high level of coordination and collaboration with other City departments and other units within the San José Public Library system. Under supervision of the Administrative Officer, this position will perform a variety of professional level analytic duties with exceptional attention to detail. Responsibilities include monitoring and developing the Department's operating and capital budgets; gathering service level statistics, data, preparing reports and memos.
This position supervises a team composed of an Account Technician and two Senior Account Clerks responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and time keeping. This position is also a key member of the Administration team responsible for general support to the Library Department's Leadership.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in this, or other divisions or departments. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment.
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to:
- Education: A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience: Analyst I: None. Analyst II: Two years of increasingly responsible professional staff analytic or administrative experience at the level of Analyst I with the City of San José.
- Acceptable Substitutions: Experience as a Staff Technician or Staff Specialist with the City of San José may be substituted for the education requirement on a year for year basis.
- Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San José will not prepare or file a labor condition application with the Department of Labor.
Why work at San José Public Library?
It is an exciting time in San José! With overwhelming support from our communities and our City Council, we are increasing our open hours at all of our library branches. Would you like to work for one of the most exciting and innovative library systems in the nation? Now is your opportunity!
San José Public Library offers:
- Culturally diverse population of nearly 959,000 in the country's 10th largest city.
- One of the busiest library systems nationwide with an annual checkout rate of nearly 14 million items.
- Award-winning innovation and leadership: 2004 Thomson Gale/Library Journal Library of the Year and 2011 National Medal for Museum and Library Service, the nation’s highest honor for a library.
- New expanded hours for all branch locations
- Library Parcel Tax expansion recently approved by San José Voters
SJPL Employment Notifications
Don’t miss out on important SJPL employment opportunities. Stay connected through one of more of the following ways:
Library Career Employment Workshops and Webinars
SJPL hosts and participates in various library employment workshops and webinars. To be notified of future and workshops email Personnel@sjlibrary.org.
- None scheduled at this time. Check back soon.
SJPL has an extensive volunteer program. To find more information on current volunteer opportunities and to start gaining valuable and rewarding experience working in a library, go to the SJPL’s Volunteer page to sign up.