Jobs at the Library
How to Apply
To apply for San José Public Library jobs, please visit the City of San José’s employment page at www.sanjoseca.gov/cityjobs and click on the "Open-Competitive Recruitments" link.
We will be accepting applications for the following job:
Librarian I/II - Library Department, Business Librarian
Hourly Range: $29.96 - $38.99
Job ID: 5037
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Open Date: 05/16/2016
Close Date: 05/31/2016
Apply: Open-Competitive Recruitments
Position and Duties
We are seeking two new Business Librarians to join our team and change the lives of those we serve. We are currently looking to fill two full-time openings for our new SJPL Works business and job seeker center at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Library. SJPL Works aims to serve those in the job seeker and small business community by providing access to resources such as specialized collections & technology, research assistance, and business- and career-related programming, utilizing community partners.
We encourage Spring 2016 and Summer 2016 Master Degree in Library Science Candidates to apply.
- Education: A Master's Degree in Library Science from an accredited college or university.
- Experience: Librarian I - None; Librarian II - Minimum one year of full-time professional library experience.
- Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San José will not prepare or file a labor condition application with the Department of Labor.
Why work at San José Public Library?
It is an exciting time in San José! With overwhelming support from our communities and our City Council, we are increasing our open hours at all of our library branches. Would you like to work for one of the most exciting and innovative library systems in the nation? Now is your opportunity!
San José Public Library offers:
- Culturally diverse population of nearly 959,000 in the country's 10th largest city.
- One of the busiest library systems nationwide with an annual checkout rate of nearly 14 million items.
- Award-winning innovation and leadership: 2004 Thomson Gale/Library Journal Library of the Year and 2011 National Medal for Museum and Library Service, the nation’s highest honor for a library.
- New expanded hours for all branch locations
- Library Parcel Tax expansion recently approved by San José Voters
SJPL Employment Notifications
Don’t miss out on important SJPL employment opportunities. Stay connected through one of more of the following ways:
Library Career Employment Workshops and Webinars
SJPL hosts and participates in various library employment workshops and webinars. To be notified of future and workshops email Personnel@sjlibrary.org.
- None scheduled at this time. Check back soon.
SJPL has an extensive volunteer program. To find more information on current volunteer opportunities and to start gaining valuable and rewarding experience working in a library, go to the SJPL’s Volunteer page to sign up.