Jobs at the Library
How to Apply
To apply for San José Public Library jobs, please visit the City of San José's employment page at www.sanjoseca.gov/cityjobs and select the "Open-Competitive Recruitments" link.
We will be accepting applications for the following jobs:
TeenHQ Teen Paid Intern
Position and Duties
TeenHQ at the King Library is seeking a paid teen intern for Summer 2019. The intern will work closely with TeenHQ librarians to develop a community-based learning project and will travel to Chicago, IL and Washington DC, all expenses paid, for a kick-off and closing event where they will work with other teen interns from all over the country. The internship will be over the course of 10 weeks and teens will be paid $15/hour. The internship is sponsored through a grant by the Public Library Association and the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Be going into 11th or 12th grade, or recent high school graduate.
Why work at San José Public Library?
It is an exciting time in San José! With overwhelming support from our communities and our City Council, we are increasing our open hours at all of our library branches. Would you like to work for one of the most exciting and innovative library systems in the nation? Now is your opportunity!
San José Public Library offers:
- Culturally diverse population of nearly 959,000 in the country's 10th largest city.
- One of the busiest library systems nationwide with an annual checkout rate of nearly 14 million items.
- Award-winning innovation and leadership: 2004 Thomson Gale/Library Journal Library of the Year and 2011 National Medal for Museum and Library Service, the nation's highest honor for a library.
- New expanded hours for all branch locations
- Library Parcel Tax expansion that was approved by San José Voters
SJPL Employment Notifications
Don't miss out on important SJPL employment opportunities. Stay connected through one of more of the following ways:
Library Career Employment Workshops and Webinars
SJPL hosts and participates in various library employment workshops and webinars. To be notified of future and workshops email Personnel@sjlibrary.org.
- None scheduled at this time. Check back soon.
SJPL has an extensive volunteer program. To find more information on current volunteer opportunities and to start gaining valuable and rewarding experience working in a library, go to the SJPL's Volunteer page to sign up.