You can use all library computers for free, and you can pay to print and copy.
Library computers offer free Internet access, Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software.
Reserve a Computer
- Log in to any library computer if the screen shows that it is available.
- Reserve a computer online up to 4 business days in advance.
Users, Rules, & Policies
Most library buildings have designated computer areas for:
- Teens only
- Children only
- Technology Center and Internet Cafe equipped with computers for everyone
Devices for Check Out
Library customers may check out a Tablet or Laptop to use in the library only for up to 2 hours at select locations. These devices have access to the internet, Microsoft Office Suite and may be connected to a wireless printer. Device check out is subject to availability on a first-come, first-served basis. To check out a device, a customer must submit their own current San José Library card that is in good standing and must sign the User Agreement. Our devices are protected by Deep Freeze. When the laptops are rebooted the laptop's hard-drive is returned to it's original state.
Available at all library locations.
- Black & white printing cost: 15¢ per page, up to a $5.00 maximum (or 33 pages) per print job.
- Color printing cost: 65¢ per page.
- Accepted payment: $1, $5, and $10 bills and nickels, dimes, and quarters.
- Black & white printing cost: 19¢ per page.
- Color printing cost: 50¢ per page.
- Accepted payment: Gold Points and credit cards.
- Assistance: Ask at any King Library service desk for information or help.
- Print jobs can be sent from a variety of sources including Cloud storage, email, USB devices, and mobile devices. More details...
You can make photocopies at any library location:
- Cost at branches: 15¢ per black & white copy.
- Cost at King Library: 20¢ per black & white copy; 65¢ per color copy.
Safely dispose of your personal documents using our shredders. Up to 18 pages per visit. Available at all branch libraries.