We’re happy to announce that limited technology access is available at the Alum Rock, Edenvale, Evergreen, Seven Trees and Tully Branch libraries.
Please note: Resumption of library services are being reviewed and coordinated with the City of San Jose’s Emergency Operations Center. The City is following Santa Clara County’s Public Health Risk Reduction orders currently in Orange tier under the State of California’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy. Additional library locations and plans for service resumption are under review and will be announced once approved.
Know Before You Go
- Computer sessions begin on the hour and end 45 minutes after the hour. There will be no extension for late arrivals.
- Please read the library's Technology and Internet Policy before using library computers.
- One person per computer.
- Exit the library at the end of your session to allow staff time to sanitize the equipment before the next group of customers arrive.
- Safely dispose of your personal documents using our shredders. (Up to 18 pages per visit).
- The copy machine and scanners are not available.
- Sanitize your hands before using library equipment including computers and printers.
- Keep face coverings on at all times (Ages 2+).
- Maintain a social distance of 6 feet.
- Stay at your designated computer station.
- A disposable keyboard and mouse cover will be provided.
- Food and drinks are not allowed inside the library.
- Bring your own headphones.
- Library computers offer free Internet access, Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software.
- You may reserve a computer up to 4 business days in advance.
- If you have an eLibrary card, you will need to make an appointment to convert your eLibrary card to a physical card before reserving a computer.
- Up to 10 black and white pages are provided for free during computer session.
Need Tech Access from Home?
- Reserve a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot or laptop by visiting SJ Access: Free Internet & Tech Devices.