San José educators can now get a special library card that allows for an extended checkout and renewal period and no fines on overdue materials. Fill out the form below to request your Educator's Card. You will receive an email with your new card number in a few days. The actual card will be mailed to you.
The Educator Card allows teachers the ability to have additional resources for their classrooms without having to use their personal account. If you provide us with your personal account we will link it with your Educator Card so that staff can access both of your accounts.
- Who's Eligible? Adults (18+) who work for a preschool or K-12 school (public, charter, private) that is located in the city of San José.
- What Can I Check Out? Most physical items (except Interlibrary loans and kits). eBooks and other Online Resources with the exception of Discover & Go.
- Item Checkout Limit: 100 physical items, including up to 30 DVDs. Electronic items vary based on vendor.
- Checkout Period: 6 weeks with 1 renewal for an additional 6 weeks (automatic renewals unless there are outstanding holds)
- Item Holds Limit: 30 physical items. Electronic items vary based on vendor. Ask for staff assistance to request multiple copies of the same title or certain items that are normally non-requestable (such as Easy Readers).
- Fines: There are no fines on all overdue materials, but you will be responsible for lost or damaged items. Please note that items checked out on the Educator’s Card are for use in the classroom, not for personal use.
- Card Expiration: June 30, each year