How Does Express Pickup Work?
Reserve your items online or call a participating location*
Wait to be notified by email or phone once your items are ready for pickup
Visit your chosen location to pick up your items
New – Save Time!
You can now book an appointment online to pick up your items after you have been notified that they are ready.
* Already have an item on hold at an Express Pickup location, and you've been notified it's ready? Begin at Step 3.
Pickup Locations, Hours, & Contact
Monday – Saturday
1:00 – 6:00 PM
When you arrive at one of the following locations, you can text "PICKUP" to 408-610-1296, or you can call:
- Alum Rock Branch Library
- Alviso Branch Library
- Biblioteca Latinoamericana Branch Library
- Cambrian Branch Library
- Edenvale Branch Library
- Educational Park Branch Library
- Evergreen Branch Library
- Hillview Branch Library
- Joyce Ellington Branch Library
- Pearl Avenue Branch Library
- Rose Garden Branch Library
- Santa Teresa Branch Library
- Tully Branch Library
- Village Square Branch Library
- Vineland Branch Library
- West Valley Branch Library
What do I do when I arrive at my pickup location?
- Have your library card number ready.
- If driving, park in the designated "Express Pickup" area.
- Call or text to let staff know when you arrive.
- Wait in the designated area for staff to bring out your items and place them on the Express Pickup table.
Need special assistance? Please notify staff.
What else do I need to know?
- Face coverings required for anyone (ages 6+) waiting in line to pickup items.
- Please do not leave any items on the Express Pickup table.
- There is a maximum of 10 hold requests on physical items.
- Use the book drop to return your items 24/7.
- To ensure your safety, all returned items are quarantined for 4 days.
- Please do not use disinfecting wipes on items.
- You may experience longer wait times for reserved items to arrive.
- We are currently not accepting book donations.