Where are the Bridge Libraries?
We currently have thirteen (13) Bridge Libraries operating at Family Resource Centers in San José:
- George Shirakawa Bridge Library - 645 Wool Creek Drive P1 & P2, San José, CA 95112
- Educare Bridge Library - 1399 Santee Dr, San José, CA 95122
- Chavez Bridge Library - 2000 Kammerer Avenue, Room 20, San José, CA 95116
- Evergreen Bridge Library - 2025 Clarice Drive, Room B6, San José, CA 95121
- Cureton Bridge Library - 3720 E. Hills Drive, Room 1 & 2, San José, CA 95127
- Sherman Oaks Bridge Library - 1800 Fruitdale Avenue, San José, CA 95128
- African American Community Services Agency Bridge Library - 304 N. 6th Street, San José, CA 95112
- Roots Community Health Center Bridge Library - 1898 The Alameda, San José, CA 95126
- Captain Jason Dahl Bridge Library - 3200 Water Street, Building P-5, San José, CA 95111
- Hubbard Bridge Library - 1680 Foley Avenue, San José, CA 95122
- Ben Painter Bridge Library - 500 Rough and Ready Rd, San Jose, CA 95133
- Valley Palms Bridge Library - 2155 Lanai Ave, San Jose, CA 95122
- ICAN Bridge Library - 2072 Lucretia Ave, San Jose, CA 95122
Please contact each location to learn more about program hours, events and resources.
Additional Bridge Branch Library Locations
San José Public Library also operates a Bridge Branch in the Mt. Pleasant neighborhood. This location offers the community books for checkout, free Wi-Fi and tech access, staff assistance, library programs, and much more.
How do I use the Bridge Library?
A Bridge Library is different from our other libraries because customers do not need a library card to take materials home. Customers do not even need to visit one of our 25 branch library locations to use our services.
When visiting the FRC, customers can borrow as many books as they would like for their families and return them when they are ready. These libraries are intentionally created to remove common barriers that prevent many families from using library resources.
- Materials are loaned on the honor system.
- No library card required.
- No late fees.
- No lost item charges.
Books & Events at Bridge Libraries
San José Public Library librarians host storytimes at the bridge libraries, and families in the neighborhood can access hundreds of children’s books to use onsite or take home.
Families visiting the Bridge Libraries will find the following types of books on the shelves.
- Board Books (English and Spanish)
- Picture Books (English and Spanish)
- Beginning Readers (English and Spanish)
- Non-Fiction (English)
- Resource Books (English and Spanish)
For more information about the Bridge libraries please contact us: