Visit the following websites, selected for you by librarians, for more information on this topic.
- California State Bar – Attorney search, specialist search, problems with a lawyer.
- Public Directory of Attorneys - Santa Clara County Bar Association.
- California 'Fillable' and 'Non-fillable' Legal Forms – Extensive list by form name or number.
- Federal and State Court Forms (FindLaw.com)
- California Courts Self-Help Center
- LawHelpCA.org - Legal resources and attorney info for low-income Californians.
- Santa Clara County Law Library (360 N 1st St., 408-299-3567)
- Santa Clara County Superior Court Self-Service Center – Find help on representing yourself, working with a lawyer, getting free & low cost legal help.
- Legal Services of Northern California – Legal information, including links to other resources, for employment, food benefits, health, housing, race equity, and seniors.
- Asian Law Alliance – Free and low-cost assistance for Asian/Pacific Islanders with limited English or who do not understand the American legal system. Specializes in: public benefits, housing, domestic violence, victims of violent crime, immigration and deportation defense, civil rights.
- Bay Area Legal Aid – Specializes in: housing, public benefits, consumer law, domestic violence.
- California Rural Legal Assistance
- India Community Center Free Legal Clinic (Milpitas) – Consultations provided by the South Asian Bar Association.
- Katharine and George Alexander Community Law Center – Advice and representation regarding worker's, consumer, and immigration rights.
- Law Foundation of Silicon Valley – Multi-lingual advocacy, education, counseling, and free access to the legal system for those who were traditionally unrepresented, with special focus on health, fair housing, children and youth, and mental health.
- Lawyers in the Library Program – Free 20 minute consultations at King Library.
- Legal Aid Society of Santa Clara County – Free legal help on civil matters for low-income residents, with focus on family law, fair housing landlord/tenant rights, and immigration and naturalization.
- Muslim Community Association Free Legal Clinic (Santa Clara) – Consultations, reference center and workshops.
- Pro Bono Project of Silicon Valley – providers of "Lawyers in the Library". Specializes in: domestic violence, paternity, child support, child custody, guardianship, and record expungement.
- Project Sentinel – Landlord-tenant dispute resolution.
- Santa Clara County Family Justice Centers – Legal information and services for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Senior Adults Legal Assistance (Santa Clara County) – Support for older persons in their efforts to live safely, independently, non-institutionalized, and with dignity. Specializes in: public benefits, long term care, elder abuse, housing, consumer, incapacity planning, probate alternatives, simple wills.
- Step Forward Foundation – Immigration and family law services for survivors of domestic violence / sexual assault.
- Superior Court of Santa Clara County Family Law Facilitators – Self Help Center and Restraining Order Help Center.
Copyright, Patents, Trademarks
- Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara - Court locations, jury duty, forms, fees.
- Santa Clara Co. Superior Court: Public Access Case Info
- Supreme Court of the U.S. - opinions, cases, docket, calendar.
- United States Courts - Federal courts, district courts, bankruptcy courts.
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of California - locations, procedures, forms, fees.
Law and Legislation - Local
Law and Legislation - California
- California Constitution & Code
- California Municipal and County Codes, Ordinances, and Charters
- California State Legislature: Bill Tracking Database
Law and Legislation - Federal
- U.S. Constitution Annotated (FindLaw.com)
- National Archives - Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights, U.S. Constitution.
- Constitute - The world's constitutions to read, search, and compare.
- U.S. Code
- THOMAS: Bill Search and Texts (1989/101st Congress to present)
- U.S. Government Printing Office, Federal Digital System - search Code of Federal Regulations, Federal Register, Congressional Documents and more.
Law - History and Primary Sources
- Avalon Project - Yale - 3,500+ primary source documents, historic & current.