SJPL Works provides economic and workforce development resources for employment seekers, small business owners, and entrepreneurs. SJPL Works operates out of the 2,000 square foot center on the 3rd floor of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library, with satellite programming at all branch libraries. The center features collaborative workspaces with technology and productivity tools, meeting spaces with videoconferencing, specialized collections, classes, and much more.
How We Help Find Your Career
- Resume Assistance: Meet with a Career Librarian one-on-one or in a small group setting for an overview of effective formatting, objective, experience, and accomplishment statements. A Career Librarian can also review and critique resumes and cover letters. Please send review request at least 3 days prior to application deadline. A 1-2 day turn around time is required, excluding weekends.
- Mock Interviews: Meet with a Career Librarian one-on-one to practice for an interview.
- Job Application Assistance: Meet with library staff and volunteers to get assistance in filling out job applications.
- Career Exploration/Transitions: Meet with a Career Librarian one-on-one to explore opportunities tailored to your personality, skills, motivations, and professional environment preferences.
How We Help Build Your Business
- Referrals: We connect you to organizations that can best assist with your business needs.
- Market Research: We can teach you how to utilize library business online resources such as PrivCo, Reference Solutions Business Directory, and Rich’s Online Directory of Bay Area Businesses.