Since it's launch in December 2016, the Maker[Space]Ship has brought high quality maker and tech related programs and experiences to 34,000 San Jose residents in all neighborhoods of the City! With its collection of maker equipment and robotics, including a 3D printer, laser & vinyl cutter, a robot petting zoo, and a full suite of laptops and tablets, the Maker[Space]Ship provides the perfect way to blast off into STEM orbit!
What to Expect
The Maker[Space]Ship just landed in my neighborhood! Now what? Here are some tips for ensuring a successful launch.
- We can only have a limited number of explorers on board at once. Listen to Library Mission Control when the vehicle arrives for instructions about how many can attend the program. Information will also be listed on our event page.
- If the door to the Maker[Space]Ship is closed that means a program is in session or Library Mission Control is setting up. Instead of knocking, look for a sign outside which will have instructions.
- While on board please respect the equipment and other explorers. Some of the equipment will only be operated by Library Mission Control, so listen to instructions carefully before blasting off.
- Want the Maker[Space]Ship to land in your neighborhood?
- Want to lead a Maker[Space]Ship mission?
- Fact Sheet - more information about the Maker[Space]Ship! (17 MB PDF)
Support the Maker[Space]Ship through the SJPL Foundation. Please select "Other" and write "Maker[Space]Ship" in the "Where to Give" section.
Makerspace Guide Book
Makerspace Guide Book (PDF, 3.47 MB) - for librarians and educators looking to create their own mobile makerspace or expand their STEAM programming.