Device and/or Mobile Hotspot - Checkout Policy and User Agreement
Library customers with a current San José Public Library Card in good standing may check out a Device and/or Hotspot to use offsite for 90 days. Customers 17 years-old and under will need to be accompanied by an adult at the time of checkout. Devices and/or hotspots are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
To Check Out a Device and/or Hotspot, Library Customers Agree to the Following:
- I understand that I may borrow only one Device and/or Hotspot at a time.
- I will immediately inspect the Device and/or Hotspot upon checkout and agree that it is good condition.
- I agree to return the Device and/or Hotspot to the Library by the date due and hand it to a library staff member.
- I understand that I must return it by or before the day it is due, or it may result in revoking borrowing privileges. The Device and/or Hotspot can be renewed once for an additional 30 days.
- I agree to call and inform Library staff immediately if this equipment is damaged, lost, stolen, or malfunctioning.
- I agree to accept full financial responsibility for failure to return the Device and/or Hotspot and accompanying equipment, and any damage incurred to the Device and/or Hotspot through abuse, misuse, or operation contrary to the instructions supplied with the Device and/or Hotspot while it is in my care.
- I understand it is my responsibility to log out of any applications and remove personal data from the Device prior to its return; all of my stored data will be erased upon check in at the Library.
- The Library is not responsible for any liability, damages, or expense resulting from use or misuse of the Device and/or Hotspot, connection of the Device and/or Hotspot to other electronic devices or hotspots, or data loss resulting from use of the Device and/or Hotspot. Any use of the Device and/or Hotspot for illegal purposes is strictly prohibited, including unauthorized copying of copyright-protected material in any format, or creation and transmission of threatening, harassing, defamatory, or obscene materials.
- I will observe the policies specified in the San José Public Library’s Technology & Internet Policy. I have read these policies and I understand that violation of these policies may result in revocation of my library privileges.
If Borrowing a Youth Hotspot:
- I understand that if I am able to get a hotspot device through my school or no longer need this device, I should return this hotspot device to the Library as soon as possible.
- I understand that the hotspot has been configured with a Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) filter.
"*" indicates required fields