What is a Laptop?
Laptops are battery-powered computers that are more portable than desktop computers. This means you can use them almost anywhere. These Windows laptops come with a charger and Wi-Fi hotspot so you can use the internet almost anywhere for free.
Here are some things to know before you request a laptop:
- There is overwhelming demand for a limited number of laptops. It is not possible to place a hold on them.
- You might be able to borrow a Chromebook sooner. You can place a hold on a Chromebook. If you don't have internet access, you might also want to borrow a Wi-Fi hotspot since these Chromebooks don't come with internet.
- These laptops come with Digital Literacy curriculum. They are free, self-paced computer classes. They cover how to use the internet, laptops, and more.
How to Borrow a Laptop
- STEP 1: Call one of the participating library locations to check availability.
- STEP 2: When you pick up your laptop, you will fill out an intake form and survey. This will take 5-10 minutes to complete. Staff will also review the Device Policy and User Agreement before you sign the document. Here is the agreement if you want to look at it before picking up your laptop: English | Español | Tiếng Việt.
- The checkout period is 90 days with one auto-renewal of 30 days if there are no other requests on the item.
- Library members ages 17 and under need to be accompanied by an adult to pick up their laptop.
How to Return Your Laptop
- Hand your device to a staff member. If you are returning at King Library, call 408-808-2304. Someone will come out to accept your return.
- When you return your laptop, you will fill out a post-checkout survey. This will take about 5 minutes to complete.
- Do not return your laptop in the book drop.
Before visiting an SJPL location, please review our Safety Guidelines.