What is an iPad?
iPads are tablets. Tablet computers—or tablets—are handheld computers that are even more portable than laptops. Instead of a keyboard and mouse, tablets use a touch-sensitive screen for typing and navigation.
Although you can just use the touchscreen keyboard, our iPads come with an attachable keyboard.
How to Borrow an iPad
- STEP 1: Find an iPad at your chosen library location and request it.
- STEP 2: Wait to be notified by email or phone once your iPad is ready for pickup.
- STEP 3: Picking up your device:
- Reopened Locations: When you arrive at one of our reopened branches, let a staff member know you are picking up your iPad.
- Express Pickup Location (King Library): If you are picking up your iPad at King Library, call 408-808-2034 when you are outside.
- STEP 4: When you pick up the iPad, you will fill out an intake form and survey. This will take 5-10 minutes to complete. Staff will also review the Device Policy and User Agreement before you sign the document. Here is the agreement if you want to look at it before picking up your iPad: English | Español | Tiếng Việt.
- The checkout period is 90 days with one auto renewal of 30 days if there are no other requests on the item.
- Library members ages 17 and under need to be accompanied by an adult to pick up their iPad.
- iPads work best with an internet connection. Need Wi-Fi? Request a hotspot.
- These iPads come with Digital Literacy and Code@Home curriculum. They are free, self-paced computer classes. Digital Literacy classes cover how to use the internet, laptops, and more. Code@Home classes cover how to code.
How to Return Your iPad
- Hand your device to a staff member. If you are returning at King Library, call 408-808-2304. Someone will come out to accept your return.
- Do not return your iPad in the book drop.
Before visiting an SJPL location, please review our Safety Guidelines.