What is an iPad?
iPads are tablets. Tablet computers—or tablets—are handheld computers that are even more portable than laptops. Instead of a keyboard and mouse, tablets use a touch-sensitive screen for typing and navigation.
Although you can just use the touchscreen keyboard, our iPads come with an attachable keyboard. Learn more about iPads.
How to Borrow an iPad
- STEP 1: Find an iPad at your chosen library location and request it.
- STEP 2: Wait to be notified by email or phone once your iPad is ready for pickup.
- STEP 3: Book an Express Pickup appointment to pick it up.
- STEP 4: During your appointment, you will fill out an intake form and survey. This will take 5-10 minutes to complete. Staff will also review the Device Policy and User Agreement before you sign the document. Here is the agreement if you want to look at it before your appointment: English | Spanish | Vietnamese.
- The checkout period is 90 days with one auto renewal of 30 days if there are no other requests on the item.
- Library members ages 17 and under need to be accompanied by an adult to pick up their iPad.
How to Return Your iPad
- To return your iPad, you need to book an Express Pickup appointment, available Monday – Saturday, 1 – 6 PM.
- During your appointment, you will fill out a post-checkout survey. This will take about 5 minutes to complete.
- Do not return your iPad in the book drop.
More about iPads
- iPads work best with an internet connection. Need Wi-Fi? Request a hotspot.
- You do not need an Apple (iCloud) account to use this iPad.
- You will need to use a cloud-based platform to save documents and media.
- You will not be able to access documents from a flash drive.
- These iPads come with Digital Literacy and Code@Home curriculum. They are free, self-paced computer classes. Digital Literacy classes cover how to use the internet, laptops, and more. Code@Home classes cover how to code.
- Your iPad will be wiped clean when returned.
- You can log into your iCloud account. However, apps purchased or data downloaded will be wiped out when you return the iPad.
- SJPL is not responsible for apps, music, or data purchased and stored on borrowed devices.
Before visiting an SJPL location, please review our Safety Guidelines.