Connecting Your Devices
Search for “Access SJ Downtown” in your device’s wireless network options (select theicon on your device). Most recent laptops, tablets and smart phones are wireless-enabled.
Thank you for using the San José Downtown Wi-Fi. Our goal is to give residents and visitors an enjoyable online service. Please keep in mind that:
- Within the strategic corridors indicated by green lines in the coverage map, there would be a strong signal strength, allowing for a higher bandwidth - weaker coverage may exist in some areas due to streetscape and interference.
- User experience will vary depending upon the client device (phone, tablet, laptop) and distance from Wi-Fi Access Point.
- Frequencies used are unlicensed so interference from neighboring networks and other radio sources may occur and impact your service.
- This Free Wi-Fi network was designed for outdoor coverage - indoor connectivity is not guaranteed.
- Bandwidth and Internet usage is a free and shared service. There could be delays in downloading large files, especially during high-use periods of the day.
Learn more about SJ Access, the City’s digital inclusion initiative.
For questions about San José Downtown Free Public Wi-Fi Service and it’s future expansion, please contact:
Enterprise Supervisor Technology Analyst
Information Technology Department