eSpotlight - Introducing SimplyE!
All your eBooks in one place!
We are pleased to announce that The San José Public Library has been added to the SimplyE app. We are currently testing the app, and we want you to help!
What is SimplyE?
SimplyE is a library-developed, open source eReader and eBook discovery app that simplifies the reader's experience in finding, borrowing, and reading library eBooks. The app was originally developed for the New York Public Library, and the technology is now available at San José Public Library.
What can I find on SimplyE?
SimplyE currently offers eBooks from our OverDrive, Axis360, enki, and cloudLibrary collections. You can discover, checkout, and read eBooks from any of these vendors within this one app — you don't have to worry about knowing which app to use!
What can't I find on SimplyE?
Right now, SimplyE only supports eBooks. eAudiobooks, magazines, and streaming/downloadable music and video still has to be consumed through the vendor apps. We hope that we will eventually be able to offer all of these formats through SimplyE, so stay tuned!
What do you mean when you say you're "testing" the app?
The SimplyE app is still under construction for California users. Our feedback will help the developers make improvements. We will forward any feedback you might have to the people who are working to make it awesome!
Lead me to it!
SimplyE is available for Android, iOS, and Kindle Fire. Install it today and start reading!
Set up is easy:
- Get the SimplyE app from your app store.
- Open the app. You will be asked to "Find Your Library" on the first page. Tap that option.
- Scroll down to find San José Public Library. This will take you to our collection.
- Tap on "Settings" in the menu along the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on Accounts.
- Tap on San José Public Library
- Enter your library card number and PIN and tap "Log in".
- Tap on "Catalog" in the menu along the bottom of the screen.
- Start searching for eBooks!
Got questions? We've got answers!
Feel free to contact us. We will happily answer any questions you have! We have added a "SimplyE" choice to our email support form — tell us what you think!