April is National Poetry Month and whether you are just a lover of poetry or a poet yourself, SJPL has eResources to help you on your poetry journey.
eResources for Adults & Teens
- Poetry & Short Story Resource Center - Complete poems and short stories, criticism, and information about poets and authors.
- Hoopla Poetry Month Collections - Available for instance access and simultaneous use. Great for getting into poetry with a friend or a book club!
- Poetry Courses on Coursera - Short videos and longer lessons in poetry from accredited universities and learning institutions.
eResources for Children & Educators
- Scholastic Teachables - Lesson plans, worksheets, and activities for preK-8th grade to help kids get started in and excited for poetry.
- Teaching Books Poetry Collection - Offers supplemental resources for your favorite books, including author interviews, readings, and lessons & activities.
Literary publications available on Libby by Overdrive
Get Your Work Out There!
National Poetry Month means that it's time for SJPL's 3rd annual Spring Into Poetry contest! From now until April 30, 2023, you can submit an original poem for the chance to win prizes and be featured in SJPL's Short Edition portal! For more information and submission guidelines, visit our Spring Into Poetry contest blog. Check out last year's submissions on BiblioBoard.
Still need inspiration? Want a chance to talk to others about poetry and possibly work out your ideas? Consider attending Third Thursdays with Poetry Center San Jose. It's virtual via Zoom and registration is free!