Online Resource - Northstar
Northstar is a set of online, self-guided modules used to test computer and technology skills. Access is provided courtesy of the California State Library.
Enter your name to take assessments only or create an account to access course content.
Setting up Email
Need help setting up an email account in order to use Northstar? Try out a sample Northstar course. It provides the following:
- an introduction to using email
- step-by-step instructions for creating a new email account
- a safe place to practice what you've learned
Northstar focuses on people with no, low, or limited technology skills.
- Build skills in key digital literacy areas and demonstrate knowledge by earning certificates and badges.
- Courses include: Your Digital Footprint, Supporting K-12 Distance Learning, Email, Internet Basics, Information Literacy
- Defines the basic skills needed to use a computer and the internet in daily life, employment, and higher education.
- Online, self-guided assessments measure mastery of basic skills in 14 areas.
- Classroom curricula provide detailed lesson plans for teachers, and can be used remotely or in person.
- Available in English and Spanish.
This resource is available thanks to funding provided by the State of California, administered by the California State Library.