Career Online High School
San José Public Library’s Career Online High School (COHS) offers adults the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and a career certificate. You can advance in your career or take the next step in your education once you graduate. We support you from enrollment to graduation so that you can achieve your goals.
The Library is offering a limited number of free scholarships to qualified adult learners. Learn more about the program, process and courses.
- Be 19 or older
- Live in San José
- Have a San José Public Library card in good standing
- Be willing to spend at least 10 hours a week on coursework
- Be comfortable reading, writing, and speaking in English
- Be comfortable using technology
- Have completed at least the 8th grade
- Requires completion of 36 classes (see Graduation Requirements).
- You may transfer previous credits from accredited high school courses, shortening the completion time from 18 months to as little as 5 months for some students.
- Earn both your high school diploma and a career certificate in one of eight high-growth fields.
- Courses are taught in an online learning environment available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you have questions about computer and Internet access to complete coursework, please review our Frequently Asked Questions or email us at email@example.com.
- Students are paired with an academic coach who provides the student with ongoing guidance and the resources needed to master the courses. The coach is available via phone or email.
STEP 2: The San José Public Library will contact all eligible applicants (within one week) to enroll in a prerequisite career course. Check your email for instructions.
After you enroll, you must complete the prerequisite course within 2 weeks.
STEP 3: Once you successfully complete the prerequisite course, we will contact you to schedule an interview at King Library. Interviews and scholarships will be offered on a first-come, first-qualified basis. Enrollment is limited and demand is high. You may be placed on a wait list until additional scholarships become available.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career Online High School is made possible with the support of the California State Library and the San José Public Library Foundation.