Locations and Hours
1600 Hopkins Dr.
San José, CA 95122
Free Comic Book Day is a single day - the first Saturday in May each year - when participating comic shops and libraries across North America and around the world give away comic books absolutely free. The following locations will be providing free comic books while supplies last:
The Gira de Libro is a guided community and staff bicycle ride that will visit seven of San Jose’s twenty-three branch libraries. The ride will start and finish at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library in downtown San Jose.
The tour date is May 10, 2014, starting at 10:00 AM with sign-in and bicycle safety check. For safety purposes, registration is required and the ride will be limited to 75 participants. The ride will stop at each library to regroup; the total distance is 25km (15.5 miles).
We invite you to ride with us and enjoy the City of San Jose’s libraries and bikeways.
Space is limited. Register today!
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: The bicycle tour will not be held in the event of inclimate weather
The San Jose Bike Clinic, formed in 2012, is on a mission to grow more educated and savvy bicyclists. Through Bike Clinic’s monthly pop-up bicycle maintenance workshops, they empower San Jose’s bicyclists to repair their own bikes and ride safely on San Jose’s numerous roads and trails.
The name of the ride, Gira de Libro, is a play on the name of the famous Italian professional road bike stage race, Giro d’Italia, which starts May 9 and ends June 1. SJPL’s Gira de Libro roughly translates to "turns of the book" or "book tour."
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs that save energy compared to incandescent light bulbs
- Outlet gaskets that seal the void around your outlets and prevent heat loss
- Weatherstripping that keeps out cold drafts by sealing leaky windows and doors
- Low-flow showerhead that gently reduces the water you use and helps lower both your PG&E and water bills
- Faucet aerators that help water flow more efficiently
Silicon Valley Energy Watch Program Representative will host an informational table to answer questions regarding the Home Energy Savings Kit on the following dates and locations:
- 4:00-6:00 p.m. on Monday, April 21 at the Tully Community Branch
- 4:00-6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 30 at the Santa Teresa Branch