What Else Can You Do With Pressbooks?
Another "novel" approach to PressBooks is creating a family history book!
Multiple family members can be assigned as users, each giving their perspectives, histories, images and more to create a cohesive document that can be built over time.
Gateways to the Past
SJPL also has many genealogy and history resources to research your family's story and what their lives might have been like within the context of history.
- AtoZ the USA
- AtoZ World Travel
- California Digital Newspaper Collection
- California Room Local History Resources
- Defining Documents in American History - LGBTQ+ (1923-2017)
- Digital Sanborn Maps (For San José and Other California Communities, 1867-1970)
- Digital Sanborn Maps (via Library of Congress)
- Global Encyclopedia of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) History
- Global Issues in Context
- Library of Congress Digital Collections
- MyHeritage Library Edition (In-branch Only)
- New York Times Online
- Newspapers.com California Collection
- San José Mercury News (Newsbank) (1985-present)
- San José Mercury News Home Access
- San José Mercury News Online
- U.S. History in Context
- United States Census Bureau
- Web Resources about Genealogy
- World History in Context
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nation
How to Get Started - From Pressbooks
"Pressbooks is a do-it-yourself book design and production platform that you can use to beautifully format your books for eBook stores and print-on-demand services, allowing you to easily get your writing into a form you can share and sell while avoiding the costs of expensive eBook developers and book designers."
Stories Past, Present, and Future
What story will you tell with these resources? Let us know in the comments!
Add new comment