About the Program
The San José Public Library’s Family, Friend, and Neighbor (FFN) Caregiver Support Network strengthens communities by improving the well-being of children and families. Our innovative and responsive program connects caregivers to learning and workforce development opportunities, a peer community, and a range of resources.
The FFN Network offers this critical caregiver group free, holistic programming that removes systematic barriers, fosters a diverse and inclusive environment for all and welcomes the voices of FFNs to co-create their experience.
Through accessible support services, FFN caregivers are empowered and inspired to achieve personal and professional growth — and to become lifelong advocates for excellence. By guiding the early learning and development of young children, these respected and trusted childcare providers contribute to a robust economy.
The FFN Caregiver Support Network Includes:
- A community of caregivers
- Computer & internet training
- Tech devices & Wi-Fi mobile hotspots
- Health/safety training & supplies
- Pediatric CPR & First Aid certification
- Child development workshops
- Early learning activities & supplies
- Self-care & mindfulness
- One-on-one support
How much does the program cost?
- This program is offered for FREE
What are the requirements to join the program?
- Be at least 18 years or older.
- Care for children age 0-8 in addition to or other than your own.
- Live in San José and/or care for children who live in San José.
When Does the Program Start?
- The next session of the program will begin in Fall 2022.
- Applications for the Fall 2022 program are due by August 19, 2022.
- Space for this program is limited.
How Do I Know If I Am a Family, Friend, and Neighbor (FFN) Caregiver?
Are you a grandparent, aunt, uncle, relative, friend, neighbor, babysitter, or nanny who cares for children in addition to or other than your own children? If you answered “Yes” then you are an FFN Caregiver! If you are still unsure, please feel to reach out with any questions using the contact information above. Learn more about FFN Caregivers
For More Information:
If you are interested in the program, or want more information about the FFN Caregiver Support Network:
We’re grateful for the financial support provided by these generous donors who recognize the important role libraries play in preparing our youth for a prosperous future.
Learn how you can support this program through the San Jose Public Library Foundation