Recycling is something you can do every day and recycling right can make a huge impact on our environment. But knowing what can be recycled and what is trash can be confusing, especially as the guidelines change from county to county.
Not Sure Where to Start?
If you’re not sure what goes where, visit www.sanjoserecycles.org
With over 300 searchable items, it is easier than ever to know which bin an item goes in. Just type in your item in the “What do I do with…” search bar at the top of the page.
Remember that only recycling goes in the recycling container.
Recycling guides can help answer many of your questions about recycling. These infographics provide useful information to keep posted at home, at the office or anywhere else to encourage and remind the community to recycle the right way.
Download a guide using the links below or order one for delivery.
- Single-Family Homes: English, Spanish or Vietnamese
- Multi-Family Units/Complexes: English, Spanish or Vietnamese
- What NOT to Recycle Guide: English, Spanish or Vietnamese
Three Tips to Recycle Clean
Above all else, remember these three tips:
- When in doubt, find out at sanjoserecycles.org
- Empty and scrape contents into the garbage before recycling the container.
- No food or liquid should go into the recycling bin. (No need to rinse in this drought. Just scrape out any food that could ooze onto other items in your recycling container.)