Here are some recipes offered up by the wonderfully generous community from the Cambrian Library.
One recipe is for making a children's favorite and one is for suggesting a magazine where the customer has found some favorite recipes!
Baking and Cooking Recipe Contributions
Just in time for fall, try these seasonal favorites!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- ~12 ounces large chocolate chips.
- Mix sugar, oil, pumpkin, water, and eggs in large bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients together (minus the chocolate) and stir into the wet ingredients.
- Once combined, add in the chocolate chips and let stand about 1 hour at room temperature.
- Place in greased muffin tins. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Makes about 2 dozen.
- These freeze really well and reheat in microwave for 20 seconds.
* The author notes, "I shipped these to my daughters when off at college and they were a huge favorite with all of their friends.
Sweet Potato Pancakes
Perfect to make if you have some sweet potato lying around!
- 2 baked sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs
- Favorite spices
- Mix together the sweet potatoes, eggs, and spices.
- Fry in low heat.
- Make the pancakes small!
Sugar Clay (not the same as flour clay because it is edible!)
- Warm water
- Powdered egg
- Orange or lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Mix the egg and water in a small bowl. (DO NOT TASTE! TRUST ME (the author))
- Sift in the sugar and mix.
- Add in the juice until it's as soft as Play Doh.
Play and model into what ever you like!
Are delicious when dry for 6 hours!
Recommendation for Magazine Recipes
A community member touts the recipes in the cooking magazine, Cooking Light (has great recipes).
Here is a salad recipe called Cool Summer Salad that they recommend:
- White beans
- Lemon and oil dressing
Mix together. It's "fast and easy."
Let me know if you have any comments or questions in the comments below!