Save Energy and $$$ with the DIY Home Energy Savings Kit
This no-cost kit contains devices that will help you easily reduce energy and water use, saving you money on your utility bills. Users can expect to save, on average, $200 per year after installing the DIY Toolkit's equipment.
You get to keep:
- LED light bulbs that save energy compared to incandescent light bulbs
- Outlet gaskets that seal the void around your outlets and prevent heat loss
- Weatherstripping that keeps out cold drafts by sealing leaky windows and doors
- Low-flow showerhead that gently reduces the water you use and helps lower both your PG&E and water bills
- Faucet aerators that help water flow more efficiently
The Toolkit also includes an easy "how-to" installation guide, complete with links to interactive videos, to help you navigate points of action in your home, as well as tips on decoding utility bills and how to calculate your savings. Toolkits can be checked out at your local San Jose Public Library for a period of three weeks. During checkout, you will need to sign a waiver agreeing to pay a replacement fee for any missing items (other than the ones above you are allowed to keep).