Silicon Valley's College Promise Programs
All community colleges in Silicon Valley help students pay for college through College Promise programs.
We can help you find the program that offers you the most financial support.
What is College Promise?
College Promise programs are designed to make college more affordable for students. Silicon Valley currently has six (6) community colleges with College Promise programs. More information about College Promise programs in California is available on the College Promise Project website.
Finding the One for You
Each College Promise program looks a bit different, but all six have the following in common:
- Programs provide support for two years.
- Students must take at 12 units per semester (fewer if you qualify for the Disabled Students Programs and Services - DSPS).
- Students must submit a FAFSA or California Dream Act application prior to their program participation.
There are some important differences about each program:
- Each program provides different financial, academic, and other resources to support students
- Each program has different eligibility requirements to join the program.
- Some programs are open to all students who qualify at the community college. Other programs allow a limited number of students to participate each year.