One library's community recently shared their very own baking or cooking tips that they use.
Several recipes were shared, which I will share with you at another time!
I have not tested these tips, but please be sure to let everyone know if you do in the comment section below!
- Never open the oven when its not ready!
- Never put sliced grapes in the microwave.
- Substitute butter with avocados (to make Kale Chips).
- Never give up on cooking!
- Remain calm and carry on.
- 1-Read the labels and 2-Don't eat what you can't pronounce!
- Look up recipes online and follow them as exactly as you can.
- Put raw avocados near bananas to make them ripen faster.
- Spice: The Final Frontier...
- Purchase a kitchen scale.
- Use this to measure dry ingredients.
- Make yourself a chart and record the weight of 1 cup* of flour 1-out of the bag, 2-fluffed flour, 3-sifted flour.
- *and other amounts you regularly use.
- Make sure that you preheat the pan before cooking eggs.
- If you think egg whites are plain to the taste, eat them with something very tasty!
- Tip for omelets: crack the eggs.
- When you microwave instant ramen, put a small plate on the cup. Trust me, ramen can explode believe it or not.
- Cooking Hack: Eat food when you are hungry.
- Sometimes, it's ok to make or create dishes as I go, especially with leftovers.
- Put a bowl of water near onions to avoid watery eyes.
- Put the avocado seed in guacamole to keep it green longer.
- When making macarons, use a scale. It won't go as bad. And use Mimi's Recipe for macarons. It's easier.
- Try not to mess up on your baking or you will have to restart.
- Refrigerate your cookie dough for cookies that spread less on your baking sheet!
- Put cornstarch in your sugar cookies so that they don't spread out.
- Use sunflower butter instead of peanut butter in recipes in case you have guest or family members who have peanut or food allergies.
- Put apples, bananas, strawberries and/or nuts in your waffle maker with the batter. It works, trust me!
Let me know of any other tips in the comments section below!