Woo Your Petit Chou* This Valentine's Day
Learn the language of love with Romance specialty units from Mango Languages, available in French, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
*French idiom for "sweetheart" that literally means "little cabbage"!
This online resource offers a personalized, adaptive language-learning experience that provides the tools and guidance you need to expand your language skills wherever and however you learn best. Some language courses also include culture-specific specialty units and feature-length films.
Romance Specialty Units
Get ready for Valentine's Day with these lessons that focus on striking up a conversation, inviting someone out, and using terms of endearment.
To get started, follow these instructions:
- Visit the Mango Languages page.
- Click on the Get Started button.
- Log in with your library card number and PIN.
- Create a profile or click on Use Mango as a Guest.
- Creating a profile will give you access to more languages and allow you to save your progress.
- Select a language to learn.
- Look for Specialty Units in the left sidebar.
- The Romance unit is available for French, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Did you know? The so-called Romance Languages have nothing to do with love! They are the languages that developed from Latin, which was the language of the Roman Empire. This language family includes French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Romanian.
How will you put your new skills to use? Did you discover a new favorite nickname for your valentine? Tell us on social media! #SJPLeResources.
Find a Conversation Partner
Meet new people and practice your language skills at an SJPL Conversation Café. Keep an eye on our events calendar or volunteer to host one yourself.
Please contact library staff with additional questions about any of our eResources. You can also find more information, FAQs, and tutorials on our eResources Help page.
Add new comment