Locations and Hours
1580 Naglee Ave.
San José, CA 95126
- Holiday Closures
The Office of Vice Mayor Madison Nguyen presents:
Operation Prom Dress 2014
There is still time to participate in this year’s Operation Prom-Dress! Don’t let a tough economy discourage students from attending Prom.
Dig through those closets for new or gently used dresses and accessories and donate them to any of the following libraries or community centers.
Donations are being accepted until March 7, 2014.
For Students needing a dress, join us March 9th from 9am - 1 pm at the Seven Trees Community Center! There will be refreshments and raffle prizzes! Please remember to bring a valid student ID. For more information, see our flyer here.
enki is a new eBook platform created by libraries in California with great content purchased directly from indie publishers rather than through a vendor reseller. Try a new author you may never have heard of before, and find new favorites amongst these great independent titles from publishers who actively support libraries!
Here are some quick facts:
- enki offers EPUB and PDF eBooks, no Kindle format and no audiobooks.
- You will need an Adobe ID
- Titles can be downloaded or read online
- iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire users will need to install the Bluefire Reader app
- Desktop users will need Adobe Digital Editions (ADE)
- You can transfer to a Nook with ADE
- You can checkout up to 5 and place up to 5 titles on hold
- 14 day checkout
A new feature has been added to our Library Catalog - the ability to "Freeze" your hold requests.
"Freeze Holds" essentially allows you to "pause" the progress of a hold request and let others "cut" in front of you in line for an item. It's useful if you won't be able to pick up a hold that might be fulfilled during an inconvenient time. You can avoid both potential fines for not picking the item up and losing your place in the hold queue.
To Freeze a Hold:
- Login to My Account and views your existing holds.
- You'll see a "Freeze" column with check boxes to the far right of each request. Check the box(es) and hit "Update List". Then confirm your decisions.
A frozen hold will look like this in our Library Catalog:
And like this in our "Classic Catalog":
Holds remain frozen until you choose to remove the freeze through My Account. A hold cannot be frozen if it is already on the hold shelf, in transit, is a Link+ item, or otherwise paged to fulfill your request.