Your leading edge Library career starts with the San Jose Public Library!
Explore a Career with SJPL
San José Public Library (SJPL) serves a culturally diverse population of nearly 959,000 in the country's 10th largest city. SJPL is one of the busiest library systems nationwide with an annual checkout rate of nearly 14 million items. Award-winning staff strive to ensure library services reflect the city’s rich diversity and that every library customer’s experience is exceptional. SJPL is recognized for its innovation and leadership. It was named the 2004 Thomson Gale/Library Journal Library of the Year and received the 2011 National Medal for Museum and Library Service, the nation’s highest honor for a library.
Current SJPL Employment Opportunities
There are no upcoming SJPL employment opportunities at this time. Please check back soon.
San Jose Public Library Foundation Employment Opportunity
San Jose Public Library Foundation is currently seeking an Administration and Database Manager
(Please note that this is not a City of San Jose position, San Jose Public Library position or a SJSU position. However, the position is located at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library.)
San Jose Public Library Foundation: Celebrating its 25th anniversary, the San Jose Public Library Foundation provides advocacy, financial support and innovative leadership to transform San Jose’s public libraries into vibrant learning centers. The Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation. http://www.sjplf.org/
Overview: The Administration and Database Manager provides key support to the Executive Director, and thus, the overall organization, through overseeing office operations, including financial processes, database management, special event coordination, e-newsletter management, Board support and incoming and outgoing mail.
- Manage processing of check and cash deposits, and processing credit card donations
- Perform gift entry and acknowledgement to donors
- Maintain accurate donor information, in accordance with Foundation policies and procedures
- Respect confidentiality of all records
- Generate mailing lists and reports from database for mailing of newsletters, direct mail appeals, event invitations, solicitations, and more.
- Assist in planning and coordinating donor events of 25 to 250 people, including special author events, donor wall unveiling receptions
- Develop and manage quarterly e-newsletter
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, provide Board and committee support
Applied Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3 – 5 years experience with donor database software (Blackbaud/ETapestry preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office products, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Minimum 3 years experience in non-profit administration or fundraising preferred
- Demonstrates and models excellent customer service orientation with all constituents of the San Jose Public Library Foundation
- Position requires accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Send a one page letter of interest and resume to: Mary.firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date is: February 14, 2014 at 5 p.m.
SJPL Employment Notifications
Don’t miss out on important SJPL employment opportunities. Stay connected through one of more of the following ways.
- Join our mailing list by emailing Personnel@sjlibrary.org
- Set up a job notification through the City of San Jose‘s Employment page
- Like SJPL on Facebook
Library Career Employment Workshops and Webinars
SJPL hosts and participates in various library employment workshops and webinars. To be notified of future and workshops email Personnel@sjlibrary.org.
- None scheduled at this time. Check back soon.
SJPL has an extensive volunteer program. To find more information on current volunteer opportunities and to start gaining valuable and rewarding experience working in a library, go to the SJPL’s Volunteer page to sign up.