Need Help with your Homework?
Volunteers will be available online to help Kindergarten - 8th grade students with their homework after school.
Students can get help with their homework in a range of subjects - reading, writing, math, social studies, and science.
Assistance in languages other than English may be provided based on volunteers’ availability.
Free. Registration is required. This event will take place online through Zoom.
Read Frequently Asked Questions
Want to Volunteer?
Help local students reach academic success online and foster their ability to succeed in school.
How You Will Make a Difference
Virtual Homework Club Coaches will help young students with their homework in a range of subjects - reading, writing, math, social studies, and science. Watch their confidence grow as they master their homework online.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Facilitate online interactive coaching sessions open to students from grades K-8
- Complete Homework Club Volunteer Training
- Encourages lifelong learning to community youth
- Connect with your community and provide a desired service
- Share or gain experience with program management skills
- Develop mentoring skills
- Learn ways to coach, promote learning, and refine teaching skills
Virtual Homework Club Coaches need to commit to 3 consecutive hours per week, for a 6-month duration. Volunteers are needed Monday through Thursday from 3:30-6:30 PM.
Prospective volunteers should:
- Be comfortable working one-one-one with students in a group setting using the Zoom meeting platform
- Have experience or interest in working with youth
- Have strong oral communication skills
- Be dependable, patient, and flexible
- Complete a fingerprint background check at any of the San José Public Library designated facilities in San José, at no cost to you: (Only required if you are 18 years or older)
- Bilingual skills are highly desired, but not required
I am interested is signing my daughter up to get help with her homework but I do not see on here how to sign her up.
Can you please tell me how to do that? Thank you so much!