Connecting Your Devices
Search for “Free Public Access East Side” in your device’s wireless network options (select theicon on your device). Most recent laptops, tablets and smart phones are wireless-enabled.
Thank you for using City of San José’s outdoor wireless network. Our goal is to give residents and visitors an enjoyable online service. Please keep in mind that:
- Network map coverage is approximate - weaker coverage may exists in some areas due to streetscape and interference.
- User experience will vary depending upon the client device (phone, tablet, laptop) and distance from Wi-Fi Access Point.
- Frequencies used are unlicensed so interference from neighboring networks and other radio sources may occur and impact your service.
- This Free Wi-Fi network was designed for outdoor coverage - indoor connectivity is not guaranteed.
- Bandwidth and Internet usage is a free and shared service. There could be delays in downloading large files, especially during high-use periods of the day.
The City of San José is proud to partner with East Side Union High School District and SmartWAVE to offer this service to residents and visitors. Learn more about SJ Access, the City’s digital inclusion initiative.
Image: Wi-Fi coverage map of the East Side area. Stronger signals show in green and blue.
Wi-Fi is available for residents and visitors near:
James Lick High School
57 N. White Rd.
San José, CA 95127
Overfelt High School
1835 Cunningham Ave.
San José, CA 95122
Coverage near Yerba Buena High School
For questions about the tech bond projects and City procurement opportunities, contact:
Rajani Nair, P.E.
Assistant to the City Manager
City Manager’s Office, Office of Civic Innovation