Library Programs & Resources
- Library Storytimes – Enjoy live programming virtually on Zoom or in-person at Library Branches.
- Take-Home Materials – Check out and bring home developmentally appropriate books and toys, and gain ideas on how to play and learn at home.
- Family, Friend, and Neighbor (FFN) Caregiver Support Network – This FREE program provides caregivers of young children with training, digital devices, CPR certification, one-on-one support, and more.
- Staff Picks Booklists for children of different ages
- Connect with SJPL Early Education on social media
- Get Ready for Kindergarten with Ready4K
- California Child Care Resource and Referral Network – R&Rs make up a well-developed system that supports parents, child care providers, and local communities.
- California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) Child Development Permits – The CCTC's purpose is to ensure integrity, relevance, and high quality in the preparation, certification, and discipline of educators in California.
- California Department of Social Services - Child Care Related Websites – The Child Care Licensing Program ensures the health and safety of children in care.
- California Early Childhood Education Workforce Registry – A state, regional and local collaboration designed to track and promote the education, training and experience of the early care and education workforce.
- David and Lucille Packard Foundation – A funder and supporter of early learning initiatives, including supporting FFN caregivers.
- Early Edge California – Advocates for policy change and investments in early learning, including FFN caregiver support.
- FIRST 5 California – Working to improve the lives of children and families in California.
- FIRST 5 Santa Clara County – A funder, resource, and advocate for children and families in Santa Clara County.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children – Promotes high-quality learning by supporting excellence in the early childhood profession.
- Santa Clara County Childcare Resource & Referral Program – Supports caregivers with access to a system that aids their programmatic and financial success.
- TrustLine Background Check – A database of caregivers that have cleared criminal background checks in California.
- Zero to Three – Works to ensure that babies and toddlers benefit from the early connections that are critical to their well-being and development.