Book Replacement Program
Replace a lost book with a new one.
San José Public Library (SJPL) now offers an ongoing Book Replacement Program. We will accept a new book from our book replacement list (PDF) as payment for a lost book.
Q. Who is eligible?
All SJPL cardholders can bring a new book to replace a lost book.
Q. How does it work?
- Bring a new and unused book from one of these lists:
- See a library staff member with your replacement item and library card.
- The new book is treated as payment for the lost book, and fees will be cleared.
Q. What materials are not included in this program?
These are that materials that are not eligible:
- Media (DVDs, CDs, Audio Books, Kits, etc.)
- LINK+ materials
- ILLiad (interlibrary loan) materials
- San José State University materials
Q. Why are we doing this?
We want to help cardholders regain access to the library. It's part of our effort to reduce barriers to information and services.