What Your Library Card Gets You:
Your Library Card gets you all kinds of access to the library's materials, online content, and computing services.
- Check out books, movies, music, and more at any library location
Use your Library Account online to:
- Renew checked out items
- Place requests for items to be sent to your local branch for pick-up
- Set up Reading History to save a list of everything you've checked out (only visible to you)
- Set up email alerts for new items by your favorite authors or about your favorite topics
- Get email alerts before items are due
- Use the Library's numerous online research resources and online magazines/newspapers from home
- Download popular eBooks, eAudioBooks, and eMusic from home
- Request books from other California libraries through Link+
- Request items from libraries worldwide through ILLiad (Interlibrary Loan)
- Use the library's computers or study rooms at any library location
- Download museum passes from Discover & Go
- Discount admission to gallery exhibits at the Tech Museum (see details)
- Discount admission at any Camera Cinemas box office ($3 off a $10 general admission ticket)
How to Access Your Account Online
- To login, select the My Account link at the top of our website
- Enter your name, Library Card number (see back of card) and PIN.
Your default PIN (Personal Identification Number) is set as the last 4 digits of your phone number, unless you've chosen otherwise.
- Changing the PIN Yourself: If you know your current Library PIN, you may change it anytime by logging in to your Library Account and selecting Modify your PIN.
- If You Forget Your PIN: You can Reset Your PIN automatically. An email will be sent to the email address in your library record, including a link that will allow you to select a new PIN.