SJPL: A Place for Everyone
Welcome to the new San José Public Library (SJPL) website.
Whether you are new to the library or a regular, we understand that this is a new experience for all of us. We're excited about that because it gives us a chance to reintroduce ourselves to you.
SJPL is a library where everyone is welcome, and we're thrilled to have you be part of our special community. This community is filled with readers, thinkers, learners, explorers, catalysts, and seekers of fun and joy.
Why You'll Love Our Library
- It's Free! - Yes, you read that right. Check out books, eResources, and tech devices without spending a dime. Attend events, access the internet, and so much more for free.
- Something for Everyone - From kids to adults, hobbyists to researchers, we cater to all.
- New & Improved Website - We've revamped our digital space, and it's set to launch this fall. Our main goal is still to help you find what you need, when you need it. However, we also want to give you the chance to discover the unexpected, which is why our new site is designed for better browsing, too.
Getting Started: Your First Steps
- Using the New Website - Learn more about how to use the new website with this free tutorial, part of our new Digital Skill Building Pathways resource.
- Library Card - Your golden ticket! If you don't have one yet, apply now.
- 25 Locations - We have 25 locations throughout the City of San Jose. Come visit us!
- eBooks, eResources, & Tech Devices - Not a fan of paper? We’ve got you covered. Explore eBooks, magazines, and more. Need a device or internet access to enjoy our eResources? We've got you covered with our SJ Access program.
- Events - Engage, learn, and grow. We have a wide variety of programs available. Explore our calendar and find the one that matches your interest.
No worries! Our friendly staff are here to assist you, whether you’re tech-savvy or just starting. Visit any of our 25 locations for in-person help, or you can contact us via phone, email, or online chat.
We believe in the power of knowledge and community. Our new website is not just a tool but a bridge, connecting you to the stories, information, and community you seek. You’re not just a patron; you belong here with us.
We've got so much happening. Here are some ways to know what's coming up:
- Newsletter - Sign up for our eNewsletters.
- Socials - Follow us on our social channels via @sanjoselibrary.
- Make Us a Habit - Visit our homepage regularly for a quick overview of what's new, including new titles, new events, new blogs and staff list recommendations, and new programs and services.
- Your Feedback - We'd love for you to tell us what you think with our new survey. Starting in October, we'll share the link.