Retrieving Library Items for You
If you have a disability, library staff will retrieve books, media and other items from the library collection for you on request. Request this service at any desk in the King Library and San José Public Library branches. Library staff will get a reasonable number of items for you, based on staff availability and workload.
Printing and Photocopying for You
Library staff will print or photocopy a reasonable number of items for you. Request this service at any desk in the King Library and San José Public Library branches. Library staff may ask you to leave selections for later copying when there is no time for extended individual help.
ADA Accommodations at Events
To request an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for library-sponsored events, please call 1-408-808-2355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least three business days prior to the event.
Pre-Recorded Events and Programming
We offer pre-recorded, virtual library programs. They are accessible via YouTube's closed-captioning feature. We start with auto-generated captioning. Then our Disability Access Committee improves those captions.
- Do you want more information? Email us at email@example.com.
- Do you want to help us improve our captions? Apply to become a Transcript Editor with us. This is a virtual volunteer position.
Extending Your Loan Period
You may request that the library extend the loan period for your borrowed items if you are unable to return them on time due to special circumstances. Granting this extension to you is at the discretion of library staff and may depend on demand for your items by other library users.
For Individual Assistance with Library Materials
- General Reference: 1-408-808-2397
- You may contact us by using California Relay Service: 711 or 1-800-735-2929
For Questions About Your Account
- Access Services: 1-408-808-2000 or fill out our Contact Form
- Telephone Renewal System: 1-408-808-2665
Information & Research Questions