Recording Studio Hours
Available in 90 Minute Appointment Slots:
|Monday||2 PM - 8 PM|
|Tuesday||2 PM - 8 PM|
|Wednesday||2 PM - 8 PM|
|Thursday||2 PM - 8 PM|
|Friday||2 PM - 6 PM|
|Saturday||10 AM - 6 PM|
|Sunday||2 PM - 6 PM|
Who Can Use the Recording Studio?
The Recording Studio is reserved for use by library customers in middle and high school who have completed the Training Course. Up to 2 youth can use the room at the same time under one reservation.
How Can I Use the Recording Studio?
- If you’re using the TeenHQ Recording Studio for the first time, complete the Training Course. You’ll need to fill out the Completion Form at the end of the training. You will receive an email confirmation once you submit the Completion Form.
- Review the Available Appointment Slots and Make an Appointment
- Appointments can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Up to 2 appointments can be reserved in one week, although additional appointments can be requested by emailing email@example.com.
- A San José Public Library card is not required to make an appointment but will be required before entering the Recording Studio. You can request a library card at the time of your appointment or before your appointment if you don’t have a library card already by reviewing our Membership page.
- A juvenile, student, or teen library card is required to enter the Recording Studio. eLibrary Cards will not be accepted.
- Bring your Library Card, Appointment Confirmation Email, and, if applicable, the Training Course Completion Email to your appointment date.
- If you are unable to get a library card before your appointment, please bring a government or student issued ID.
- A staff member will review the final details with you at the start of your appointment.
If you have questions about how to use the equipment or schedule a reservation, please ask a TeenHQ staff member for assistance.
Specific equipment and software for the recording studio include: