LINK+ services resumed on September 1
What you need to know about LINK+ during the COVID-19 Closure:
- Library Card: You need a Full Access library card to use Link+. Temporary and eLibrary cards can't use this service.
- Safety Measures/Delays: It may take close to 10 days to get LINK+ holds fulfilled.
- Late Fees: The $1 per day late fees will not be charged.
- Returning Items: During our closure we will accept LINK+ returns in the book drops.
For additional questions please contact library staff at 1-408-808-2000 Monday - Saturday from 11 AM to 6 PM.
What is LINK+
- What Can Be Requested: Items that are not in the library’s collection or not currently available at an SJPL branch library or the King Library.
- If You Have Fines or Fees on Your Account: If the fees on your account exceed $20 you will not be able to request materials through Link+.
- Loan Period: 21 days, with no grace period on the due date. 7 days on some media materials with no grace period.
- Renewals: One 3-week renewal, unless someone has requested the item at its home library. There are no renewals on items that have a 7 day checkout. When you renew a Link+ item, there is a 15 minute confirmation delay online.
- Late Fee: $1.00 per item per day. $15 per item, maximum. NOTE: During the COVID-19 closures, late fees will be waived. You will still be responsible for any fees accrued before the closure.
- Replacement Fee: $115 per item.
- Maximum items: You can have unlimited Link+ items checked out, but only the normal amount of requests of any kind pending at one time.
How to Request
- Locate an item in Link+
- Scroll to the bottom to view libraries that have copies
- Make sure at least 1 copy is AVAILABLE
- Click the "Request It" button
- Pick "San José Public" as the institution you are affiliated with
- Enter your name, library card number, and PIN
- Choose one of our libraries as your "Pickup Location"
Pick-Ups & Returns
- Delivery and Holding Periods: Link+ items may be ready for you to pick up as quickly as 3 business days after your request. The library will hold your items for 10 days and will automatically return items to their home library if you don't pick them up by the end of the 10th day.
- Monitor Your Request: Log in to your library account to monitor the status of your Link+ request. Link+ requests are included under "Holds" along with any regular requests from San José libraries.
- Pick-Up Notification: When Link+ request status shows Link+ RECEIVE in your library account, the item is ready for pick-up. The library also sends you pick-up notices by email or phone, depending on your account settings.
- Where To Pick Up: Pick up Link+ items at your chosen branch or at the Circulation Desk of the King Library.
- Returns: During our closure we will accept Link+ returns in the book drops.
Visiting Other Link+ Libraries
We participate in the Link+ Visiting Patron Program:
- You can visit other participating Visiting Patron Link+ libraries in person and check out their items using your San José library card.
- You can borrow items for the same period of time as a regular Link+ loan.
- When checking out items as a Visiting Patron, please have both your Library Card and ID ready.
If you are a member of another Link+ library that participates in the program, you can also use your card at the King Library, though we encourage you to obtain a San José Library Card.
More Options (Currently Unavailable During COVID-19 Closures)
Can't find the item through Link+, the fastest way to access items that aren't in our collection? Here are more ways to find and access items that aren't in our collection: