Just because you are stuck at home doesn't mean your child has to miss storytimes! From authors' and illustrators' free live streaming storytimes and doodling tutorials, to San Jose Public Library's vast array of digital content, which includes video picture storybooks, read-along ebooks, and online storytimes from San Jose Library's own librarians, your child will have plenty to view during this shelter-in-place.
Virtual Storytimes and More from Authors, Publishers, and Celebrities
- Dan Gutman - reads from his My Weird School books on Facebook live.
- Penguin Kids - Famous authors and celebrities hold live streaming storytimes on the publisher's Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Oliver Jeffers - The author and illustrator reads from his books and also includes how-to drawing lessons on his Instagram (IGTV) account.
- Chris Van Dusen - The author and illustrator reads from his books and also provides drawing instruction on his Instagram channel.
- James Dean - Reads from some of his popular Pete the Cat books on his instagram channel.
- Mo Willems - Provides children with how-to-draw sessions in his newly created "Lunch Doodles" on his You Tube Channel.
- Jarret J. Krosoczka - The author and illustrator holds drawing sessions in his "Every Day with JJK" on his YouTube Channel.
eRead-along eBooks - 3 to 21 Day Checkout
Video Picture Books via Hoopla - 3 day checkout
Storytime Music Available for Streaming - 7 Day Checkout
San Jose Public Library Online Storytimes
Don't forget to peruse San Jose Public Library's very own YouTube channel which features San Jose Public librarians sharing some of their favorite stories and songs.
Also, remember to log the titles (virtual storytimes count too!) into your child's Spring into Reading and 1000 Books Before Kindergarten log.