"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it."
- Toni Morrison
San José Public Library is pleased to join in the announcement of the California Author Project. Local authors can submit their works of adult and young adult fiction to be judged and recognized as the top independently (Indie) published books in California. The contest will accept submissions from April 1, 2021, through May 31, 2021.
AUTHORS - SUBMIT YOUR WORK
Each book that is submitted to the contest must be:
- In an adult fiction or young adult fiction genre
- Written by a California resident
- Available in either ePUB or PDF file
The winners of this contest will receive:
- $500 each in adult and young adult categories
- Honors at the 2021 spring Indie Author Project (IAP) Reception
- Opportunities to promote your book(s) at California public libraries
- Inclusion in a full-page print spread in Library Journal
- Opportunities to earn royalties through the IAP Select collection
For authors who are seeking a free platform for creating written works, San José Public Library offers Pressbooks free to library members. After you follow the link, click "Connect via your local library." Sign in with your library card number (the bar code on the back of your card) and PIN. Authors can create, format, edit and generate an unlimited number of eBooks and print-ready (ePub, PDF and MOBI) formats of their books. If you'd like to submit any of your Pressbook creations to to the California Author Project contest, don't forget to submit it via the contest link by May 31, 2021.
This blog was written by Dana Lema.