Global Citizenship is the topic for SJPL's Speech & Debate program for 3rd–5th graders. With this topic, students accomplish the following:
- Global Citizenship: Gain a deeper understanding of being a global citizen in the 21st Century.
- Social Justice: Explore social justice issues within the framework of speech and debate.
- Persuasive Speaking: Learn the basics of persuasive speaking.
- Race, Equity, & Inclusion (RET): Reflect on race, equity, and inclusion.
- Critical Thinking: Sharpen critical thinking skills.
- Speaking & Arguing: Build confidence in speaking and defending arguments.
For questions about the program, please contact Bridget Kowalczyk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-808-2194.