How to Get San Jose State University Materials
Effective June 27, 2017
San Jose State University materials can be accessed through their dedicated catalog: OneSearch
Steps to request San Jose State University materials for pick up at King Library:
Starting June 27, San Jose Public Library users can apply for special Community User access with San Jose State University. Note that this account is separate from your San Jose Public Library account.
- Apply for SJSU Community User access (Customers who have SJSU materials currently checked out will automatically get an account)
- Receive email confirmation indicating that your account is active and information on how to access your account
- Request item through the SJSU OneSearch catalog for pick up at King Library. Community users may only request materials that are owned by SJSU
- Wait for notification that item is ready for pick up at the SJSU service desk
Please make sure to read the borrowing limits associated with this account. You may visit King Library in person to find and check out materials yourself without placing a request.
Steps to request San Jose State University materials for pick up at a branch library:
- Create an ILLiad account, if you already have an account log into your account
- Fill out the ILLiad Book Request form with information from the SJSU catalog entry including: title, author, call number and if the item was currently available
- Wait for notification that the item is ready for pick up at the branch location you have indicated
Processing of ILLiad requests may take longer than requests for SJPL materials from the King Library, as this is going through a different system. Please consider requesting the item via Link+ for faster processing and the ability to track your request via your SJPL account.
Please check with library staff for questions about this process or call 1-408-808-2000.