Q. What indoor services are not available at this time?
- Buying garbage stickers
- Paying fines with cash
- Charging a personal device
- Sitting on furniture, except for when using a library computer
- Study rooms and meeting rooms
- Checkout of children's book bundles
- In-person events and programs. But you can still attend a variety of virtual events and programs.
- Express Pickup: There's no Express Pickup at any location open for indoor services. This also means no appointments are available.
- Donations and books sales
- Toys in the children's areas
Q. How many people can be inside a library at a time?
The capacity limit is 50%. This means the actual number will vary by location, based on building size.
Q. How will capacity be tracked? How will the Library track the number of people in the building?
A staff greeter will count as people enter and exit the library.
Q. Do I need an appointment to enter the library for indoor services?
We don't accept appointments to come into the library. It is first-come, first-served. Do you want to use a library computer? We DO recommend you make an appointment.
Q. Do I need an appointment to use a computer at a library open for indoor services?
Yes. Make an appointment online or call 408-808-2000.
Q. Do I need an appointment to check out a device at a library open for indoor services?
We don't have appointments for device checkouts at these locations. Instead, please ask a staff member for help when you go inside.
Q. Do I need an appointment to pick up a library card at a library open for indoor services?
We don't have appointments for library card pickup at these locations. Instead, please ask a staff member for help when you go inside.
Q. What happens when people are waiting outside because the library is at capacity?
If the library is at capacity, people will wait in line outside. Social distancing will be marked for the lineup.
Q. Will people be screened in any way when they enter a library open for indoor services?
No. However, everyone entering the building must be COVID symptom-free. You will be expected to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
Q. Are masks required to enter a library open for indoor services?
Yes. Masks must be worn at all times.
Q. Is hand sanitizer required at libraries open for indoor services?
- We recommend that you use hand sanitizer.
- We provide hand sanitizer.
Q. How do you handle cleaning at libraries open for indoor services?
We will clean surfaces regularly throughout the day.