Statement of Policy & Text
The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Library Makerspace is located on the mezzanine in an area specifically designed and reserved for the use of teens between the ages of 12 and 18, or customers attending library sponsored Makerspace programs. The Makerspace provides resources for teens to explore a wide variety of creative technology, techniques, and equipment along with regular and special programs targeting the needs of specific age groups.
Need for the Policy
The King Library is committed to providing an inviting, safe, and separate space for teens to engage in individual and group activities exploring science, technology, engineering, art, and math and has established the Teen Makerspace for this purpose.
Requirements & Guidelines
- The Makerspace is open according to the posted schedule.
- Adult customers and children under 12 are restricted from use of the Makerspace unless use is approved by library staff.
- All users must attend mandatory training, complete a usage agreement, and sign a waiver before using the Makerspace.
- Consumption of food and drink is not allowed in the Makerspace.
- Users must follow posted guidelines for use of the Makerspace, including safety and cleanup procedures.
- All users assume responsibility for complying with applicable copyright laws.
The Library may suspend access to the Makerspace for persons who fail to follow the Library's established behavior and usage guidelines.
|Reviewed and approved by:||Signature/Name||Date of Approval|
History & Dates
Category of Policy :
Date(s) of Revision(s): 7/29/16