King Library Lost And Found Policy
Statement of Policy & Text
Customers are responsible for their personal items when visiting the library. The library is not responsible for personal items left in the library by customers.
The King Library has a centralized Lost and Found depository at the Ground Floor Welcome Desk.
Items valued at over $100 or for identity theft (e.g. Driver's License) from the Library Lost and Found depository are delivered daily to the University Police Department Office and become the responsibility of the SJSU Central Lost and Found Depository.
On a weekly basis, other lost and found items are collected from the Library Lost and Found by Access Services and discarded.
Requirements & Guidelines
- Customers whose items have been turned in to the Library and who can satisfactorily identify their items may claim their items from this depository.
- When items of value are turned in to the Library Lost and Found, Ground Floor Information Desk staff will notify Library Security.
- Not all items will be kept for one week. Every Wednesday, non-valuable items remaining in the Library Lost and Found depository are collected and discarded, even if the items were turned in the previous day or earlier that same morning.
- Library Security does not log or track any Lost and Found items. However, UPD does log and track the items of value that are delivered to them.
- Neither Library staff nor Library Security staff attempt to contact customers regarding their found property.
- Once items are turned over to the UPD Lost and Found Depository, they fall under the rules of that department.
King Library Staff
KMTRuth Kifer, Rae Ann Stahl, Mary Nino, Luann Budd, Jill Bourne, Neil Rufino, Katie DuPraw, Angie Miralor, Jon Worona2/28/14
|Reviewed and approved by:||Signature/Name||Date of Approval|
|SJSU Associate Dean||Jo Bell Whitlatch||1/23/06|
|SJPL Supervising Librarian||Gordon Yusko||1/23/06|
|KMT||Ruth Kifer, Jill Bourne, Rae Ann Stahl, Mary Nino, Luann Budd, Neil Rufino, and Katie DuPraw||06/02/14|
History & Dates
Category of Policy & WBS#: Administration/Operations
Author(s): SJPL Library Assistant; Gayle Davis
Authorized by: Jo Bell Whitlatch and Gordon Yusko
Date Written: 1/23/06
Date Effective: 1/23/06
Date(s) of Revision(s):06/02/14
A. PR-00 Lost and Found Depository Procedures