Disability Services - ADA Workstations and Adaptive Equipment in the King Library Policy
Statement of Policy & Text
The Adaptive Technology Center on the 2nd floor is open only to authorized and registered Accessible Education Center (ADA) students, faculty, and staff.
Need for the Policy
This policy will help to:
- Outline library resources available to SJSU students and to direct other library patrons to appropriate and available resources
- Provide guidance for the staff that provide customer service to disabled patrons
Requirements & Guidelines
All stations are loaded with MaGic, a screen magnification program, and Jaws, a screen reader (currently under maintenance). Only the 3rd floor General Collections ADA stations has an adjustable table.
- JK2ATRE04 and JK2ATRE05 reservable computers located on the east side of the floor.
- JK2AT01, JK2AT02 and JK2AT03 reservable computers located on west side of floor.
- JK3AT01 located behind service desk
- Magni Sight Explorer, a text enlarger, located behind service desk
- JK5AT01 located facing terrace on the east side of the building
For Circulation, please call 808-2000, and for Reference questions, contact 808-2397.
For information on ADA accommodations, contact:
Suzie Bahmanyar, SJSU Liaison, 408-808-2654
General Collections Department, SJPL Liaison 408-808-2397
All Library staff, especially Adaptive Technology
|Reviewed and approved by:||Signature/Name||Date of Approval|
|SJPL Liaison||Daniel Ong||8/15/03|
|SJSU Liaison||Toby Matoush||8/15/03|
|KMT||Ruth Kifer, John Wenzler, Mary Nino, Luann Budd, Anne Cain, Neil Rufino, Sandra Stewart, Katie DuPraw||6/10/13|
History & Dates
Category of Policy : Special Services
Author(s): SJSU Liaison for ADA Material Issues; Toby Matoush
Authorized by: Toby Matoush and Daniel Ong
Date Written: 8/15/03
Date Effective: 8/15/03
Date(s) of Revision(s): 2/23/05, 8/15/07,8/23/07, 4/20/11, 6/10/13