California Room Usage Policy
Statement of Policy & Text
The California Room contains unique materials documenting California and local history that require special care and protection. The requirements listed below provide users with guidelines for using the California Room for research.
Need for the Policy
Researchers who enter the California Room need to be aware of the requirements listed below before they use the collection.
Requirements & Guidelines
- California Room collection materials are non-circulating and may not be removed from the room.
- No food or drinks may be brought into the California Room.
- An erasable pencil may be used for taking notes. Pens are not permitted.
- All personal belongings such as handbags, book bags, backpacks, as well as other library materials must be placed on the floor beneath the researcher''s worktable.
- While photocopying of most materials in the California Room is permitted, fragile materials may not be photocopied or scanned. The Reference Librarian will decide which materials fall under the later category. The use of no-flash cameras is allowed.
- California Room
- SJSU Special Collections and Archives
|Reviewed and approved by:||Signature/Name||Date of Approval|
History & Dates
Category of Policy: User Services; Special Services
Author(s): Lauren Miranda Gilbert, Bob Johnson
Date Written: 1/6/05
Date Effective: Immediately
Date(s) of Revision(s):