Partners in Reading Learner
How to Become a PAR Learner
- Be 18 or older and not be in high school
- Speak English
- Read and/or write below the 9th grade level
- Live or work in San José
- Be able to make and keep appointments without the help of someone else
- Maintain appropriate behavior
- Be able to meet with your tutor at least 3 hours a week for 6 months or more
- Call the Partners in Reading office at 1-408-808-2361 or come to the office during office hours
- Check out our printable Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 157 KB) or our online and searchable Frequently Asked Questions.
Meet Leon, who talks about why he joined an adult literacy program and about how it has helped him in his life.