eMedia with Your Kindle or Kindle Paperwhite
Get started: Click the eMedia below for instructions
You can borrow Kindle Books from your library and deliver them wirelessly to your Kindle device, a free Kindle reading app (available for many platforms, like Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac), or Kindle Cloud Reader.
If you have a Kindle Fire, Fire HD or Fire HDX, follow these instructions.
Select and Download an eBook
- Use a computer, tablet or smartphone to open the library's OverDrive-powered website.
- Use the advanced search or search filters to find an eBook that's available in the Kindle Book format.
- Hold your mouse over the title, then click "Borrow" to proceed to checkout or more to view details about the title. (If the title is currently checked out to someone else, you will see the "Place a Hold" button instead of "Borrow.")
- Sign in with your Library Card Number and PIN.
- Your bookshelf will open, displaying titles you have borrowed. Click the "Download" button and choose the Kindle Book format.
- You will be taken to Amazon's website to complete your checkout.
- On Amazon's website, follow the on-screen prompts to "Get library book" and wirelessly deliver it to your Kindle device. You will need to sign in to your Amazon account to complete this process. If you don't have an Amazon account, you'll be prompted to create one.
- Once you've transferred a library eBook, you can read it on your Kindle just like any other eBook.
Notes: Library books require a Wi-Fi connection for download to Kindle devices. If you do not have an available Wi-Fi connection, you will need to transfer the eBook via USB.
You can also check out OverDrive ebooks directly from the library catalog. Within catalog search results, look for buttons on OverDrive eBooks to Check Out or Place Hold, or search for "electronic books OverDrive" or "downloadable audiobooks OverDrive" in the library catalog to view a complete selection. Step-by-step instructions are available if you need them.
Get More Help
Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite can use this format:
Facts about eMedia
- No late fines!
- Find them two ways – through our catalog search and directly on the eMedia sites: